Would enjoy your feedback on my business!

Discussion in 'Beer Memorabilia' started by BottomsUPBox, Apr 14, 2015.

1. BottomsUPBox

BottomsUPBox New Member

BottomsUP Box is an idea I created to spread the word about up and coming craft breweries and craft brands from around the country. This subscription box delivers craft beer apparel, glassware, unique bottle openers, collectables, and other accessories to your front door every quarter. Our hope is to expose you to your next favorite craft beer brand and give you unique items from breweries you already know and love.

We have taken our idea from a dream to a reality and have already packed the first 100 boxes full of awesome craft beer gear for our early adaptors! Our Kickstarter campaign is live and we are looking for the support of fellow craft beer enthusiasts to help us launch BottomsUP Box the right way. Your support is needed to help us reach our goal and provide you with four extra birthdays each year.

I would really enjoy your feedback and critiques on BottomsUP Box. If you have a favorite craft bar or brewery that has awesome swag, show us and lets get them in the box!

View Kickstartrer here -> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bottomsupbox/bottomsup-box-the-subscription-box-for-craft-beer

2. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

I would be more likely to like a brewery based on beer not swag. What are examples of some breweries that you would send stuff from?

3. BottomsUPBox

BottomsUPBox New Member

That is a part of the experience, not knowing the featured breweries and brands. We totally get that trying the beer is the best way to find a new favorite brewery or beer, but we want to exposure subscribers to new breweries through sweet gear. We know a lot of people collect these items and enjoy receiving new products they can use and experience.
    The first box will feature a brewery from Hickory, North Carolina for one of primary items. As we advance past the Kickstarter stage, we will reveal the products and breweries featured through social media posts and other interactive activities.

4. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

While something like this does not appeal to me, it may be worth noting The cost of the quarterly subscription.

If the brewery is Olde Hickory, I'd be down for a box full of event horizon or omega point :)

5. ingchr1

ingchr1 New Member

I think it's a good idea and there should be a market out there for something like this, but I personally would not be interested in items from a brewery half way across the country that I probably would never have a chance to go to or their beers may not be available locally to me. With all of the breweries opening now a days beer is becoming more of a local/regional experience, at least to me.

6. Interesting idea - and clever from a marketing perspective - but I'm not sure how popular it will be. I'd certainly consider it, personally, but shipping actual beer would be even better. Am I correct in assuming the legal complexities related to shipping alcohol across state lines might be a problem?

7. BottomsUPBox

BottomsUPBox New Member

There are rows of legal tape to get through to ship beer not being a distributor. We alleviate all those by shipping the next best thing. It has been a unique road. When taking it to beer festivals, beer enthusiasts have been all about it. When presenting it on forums it seems to not attract the attention. I think there is a value to put these products in your hand. Items like .50 cal bullet bottle openers, limited release pint glasses, hand picked shirts and even BBQ sauce made from some of your favorite beers.

8. I can see the appeal, definitely. Too bad about the red tape for shipping beverages themselves, though I can see this being a fun little bonus to receive every month (or whenever).