Help Support Beer Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. We need your help! If we enjoy Beer Forum please consider making a small donation, anything helps! Click here to Donate to Beer Forum today! $5, $10, anything helps!

What to do? Beer fridge condundrum...

Discussion in 'General Beer Discussion' started by SophiaL, Dec 30, 2016.

1. SophiaL

SophiaL New Member

A few weeks ago I got a small used apartment type fridge to use as a fermentation chamber. Today, my Dad brings over his Side-by-side fridge. I put that one in the kitchen (make the wife happy) and will end up using the old kitchen top freezer for BEER!

My question is...

If you had to choose between two top freezer refrigerators for a Kegerator, one being a 16.5 ft^3 apartment fridge, and the other being a larger standard household top freezer refrigerator; which one would you use as a beer fridge/kegerator (in the future) and which would you use as a ferm chamber? Keep in mind that the larger of the two will have to live in the garage, and the smaller will be in my utility room. Right now, I am thinking I can at least fit 2 corny kegs and a co2 bottle in the small one and if I put it in the utility room I won't have to go out to the garage to pull a pint...