St. Louis Brews!!!

Discussion in 'North Central USA' started by deerbelac, Apr 20, 2012.

1. deerbelac

deerbelac New Member

My favorite St. Louis brewery is Schlafly; their Pale Ale is great for any occasion. Their seasonals (esp last year's Pumpkin Ale) are typically top-notch. They have yet to disappoint me.

There are a LOT of craft breweries in the area, many new, within the last 2-3 years. If you're visiting, make time to visit places like Urban Chestnut, Morgan Street Brewery, Square One, 6-Row, and the Schlafly Taproom (really good food, there, & they'll give you a really good tour if you ask nice enough). There are more, many much more, but I can't think of them off the top of my cranium.

Cheers from the Lou.
  2. DavidIsABeerSnob

DavidIsABeerSnob New Member

Im from that area, but left many years ago, ill have to make a point to visit those places when im back in town.
  3. Sippin37

Sippin37 New Member

I've heard great things about Schlafly and specifically their pumpkin brew. My buddy lived right outside St. Louis. I need to try some myself.
  4. matthewjscott

matthewjscott New Member

I currently live in St. Louis and could not agree with you more. Schlafly is absolutely awesome! I just brewed my first all grain and it was a Schlafly Pale Ale clone.
  5. Quickscribbles

Quickscribbles New Member

If you happen to think of more, please do a follow-up post. St. Louis breweries are high on my to-do list in the near future. I appreciate all the good info I can get.
  6. Aquaman

Aquaman Untappd: Aquaman68

Trailhead, Buffalo, Hill's, & Augusta.
  7. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

Perennial Artisan Ales is another good one.
  8. Quickscribbles

Quickscribbles New Member

Many thanks to everyone, including Aquaman & skeezerpleezer for the St. Louis Brewery Info. I'm in the process of setting up a nice little brew trail trip using a lot of this info.