Re-introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pasta_Fazool, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Pasta_Fazool

Pasta_Fazool Premium Member

Not sure how many "old-timers" there are left here, but I haven't been here in some time. Quite possibly because I've been out of the trading, and honestly, acquiring good beers game.

I hadn't visited ANY sites for the longest time. That started changing recently and got my juices flowing again. So, anyway, I'm back hoping for lots more of the old stuff... and people who made this site so fun back then.

(Boy, things have changed a bit! I remember the trade number under our names on the left of our posts. Is there a trade feedback system any longer?)

2. Angie

Angie Administrator

Nice to see you back. I'm new to admining here, so really love to see those that new it in earlier days.

I'll have to see about inviting more members back. Thanks for coming "home".

3. Pasta_Fazool

Thanks for the welcome Angie.

There was a really good core of posters here a while ago. Lots of good trading partners. Lots of good conversation. Hopefully, if it's not like that now, it will be again.

4. Angie

Angie Administrator

I'll be working to get them back. If you see any of them elsewhere, do invite them back.

5. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

I haven't logged in much lately since the mobile app went to crap and the site started requesting the second step login.

Welcome back though; how you been doing?

6. sj3324

sj3324 Super Moderator

Same here, having to sign in again is a PITA.
    Welcome back Pasta

7. Angie

Angie Administrator

Are you saying the system is not remembering you? Via an app or computer? We need to look into this issue for you.

Thanks

8. Angie

Angie Administrator

Those on the app, this format encourages use on the browser on your phone or tablet. It's more friendly to all controls than the app is.
    Have you tried it?

9. testy

testy New Member

Signed in one a new account for testing. This is Angie on iPad.

10. testy

testy New Member

This is on the app downloaded tonight. ImageUploadedByBeer Forum1472699111.572931.jpg

Tested uploading photo. Still on app on iPad.

11. testy

testy New Member

Now I'm on the app using a samsung tablet. So far working good.

12. testy

testy New Member

Now on the Samsung tablet. Using Chrome. No problem logging in. And with the apps, I was never asked to log in again to post.

Now to see how this does.

13. testy

testy New Member

Now on Safari on the iPad. I've not had any double log in issues.

image.jpg

Taking and attaching photo seems to work, too.

14. Angie

Angie Administrator

And now, back as Angie on Win 10 with Chrome. And no problems.

If you are on the app, try deleting it and reinstalling and make sure that your operating system is up to date.
    I'll check back tomorrow morning. If you are still having problems, let me know what and what method of reaching the site you are using when it happens.

Thanks

15. Angie

Angie Administrator

Has anyone had time to try deleting and reinstalling the app? It's like a hard reboot and can make sure you have the most up to date version of the app.

16. Pasta_Fazool

Good, man, you?

I deleted the app when I kind of went ninja on the beer trading/beer release market. I'm assuming you were talking the app on the cell, although no reason the tablet couldn't be considered mobile, also. I'm more than a bit technologically sheltered.

Thanks! Good to see you again.

17. Angie

Angie Administrator

Yes, the app on a tablet is the same app for the smart phones. Are you doing okay and not having the problems some have mentioned?

18. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

Doing good here. Same ol crap, different year!

Yeah, the app on cell. I deleted it when it kept crashing everytime i opened it and have not re-installed.

19. Angie

Angie Administrator

Will you give it a re-install and see how it works for you now? I'd really like to know that you are working the site well, then we can work on getting the old members back to visiting and helping each other, here.

20. Beersponge

Beersponge Cheesehead Extrordinaire

Pretty deserted here lately... lotta guys AWOL.