Moon River- savannah GA

Discussion in 'South East USA' started by Apparatus, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Apparatus

Apparatus New Member

Moon river has a delicious casked version of their belly washe golden pale ale. Its pretty damn good. Anyone in the area should check it out before its gone!

2. BrewSauce

BrewSauce Brewer of the Sauce

Do you know how often they have it? I will be in Savannah for 4 days at the end of this month for a wedding and we're going to The Brewery and Moon River (I went to moon river 2 yrs ago when i went up for st pattys but dont remember having this)

3. platonicsolid

platonicsolid Regular

I also require this information. I'll be in Savannah for 4 days at the beginning of next month. Moon River has been added to my "to-do" list. :D

4. BrewSauce

Ive been recommended The Distillery (http://www.distillerysavannah.com/) as well just in case you were looking for places. My cousin is having his rehearsal dinner there and from what I hear their craft selection is decent.

5. Apparatus

Apparatus New Member

this is the first time I've seen a cask there but that's not to say they don't have one often. I am usually out of town. I will check when I get back into town. Now the food there isn't the best and its kind of pricy but they do have a great selection of beer. The distillerey has one of if not the most extensive list of beers in savannah and about 20 rotating taps. The food is pretty good but not a big selection. Another place I have not been yet is the crystal beer parlor. I am going tomooroow and will let you know more about it. I also think a world of beers is opening this month.

6. blacklabel

blacklabel New Member

Moon River is great!!! I drink it every time we visit my wife's friend's beach house on Tybee Island (just off the coast of GA from Savannah)

I drank it for the first time in a little hole in the wall on River St. in old Savannah.....

7. platonicsolid

platonicsolid Regular

That would be exactly why I am going to be down there next month... :cool:
    Not many people up here in NC know about Tybee. It's a great small community.

8. blacklabel

blacklabel New Member

Yeah Tybee is cool!! Nice little island....Couple of good bars, and a couple of great pizza joints there.....

9. garywebb96

garywebb96 New Member

Docs Bar! A real party place out on Tybee

10. platonicsolid

platonicsolid Regular

I've lost so many Doc's hats in that surf...

11. BrewSauce

haha i will need to check this place out then for sure :)

12. dplittle

dplittle Beer Consigliere

Moon River does a cask every Wednesday. It changes each week but if you sign up for the monthly newsletter they usually let you know what's on for that month.

13. blacklabel

blacklabel New Member

If I was closer I would be on that list....I like about 300 miles from there.

14. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

The last time I was at the distillery, they had Bells Oracle, KBS, dogfish Theobrama on a Randall, Belgo Yeti, and a bunch of other stuff. It was during last years Savannah craft beer festival week, but by the looks of it, they always keep a good list of beers.

Anyone going to this years beerfest? I will be making the trek over from Roswell (N Atlanta suburb).

15. blacklabel

blacklabel New Member

what are the dates on that???//

16. BrewSauce

Ha the countdown has begun!! my cousin is getting married in Savannah and his rehearsal dinner is tomorrow at the Distillery and were hitting Moon River on Saturday. Ill make sure to upload pics after to make you jealous (jk :))

17. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

The weekend before labor day. Maybe 8/31..

18. blacklabel

blacklabel New Member

19. BrewSauce

Im not gonna lie guys, my experience at MoonRiver this time around was not the best. while the beers and food tasted good the service was not good. To cap it off, i was given a glass with a chip in it that seriously sliced my lip open and even while bleeding a bunch the manager seemed to not really care. I didnt even ask for any thing for free but all he did was pour the left over beer into a different cup for me.

I did get the chance to hang out at the distillery and it was much better there.

20. blacklabel

blacklabel New Member

Ohh if I was bleeding that would have been unacceptable!! Are you kidding me, they should have been doing damn near everything in their power to make you happy.....you would have been the proud new owner of Moon River if you had sued....I think America is a bit crazy on law suits and such...but that kinda neglect is unacceptable...It's not that hard to look at the glass as your pouring the pint....I do in my own bar....I've caught dirty cups, and cracks and I wouldn't dare give them to a friend let along a customer!