Can't be the only one collecting glasses?

Discussion in 'Beer Memorabilia' started by DGuertin, Apr 17, 2014.

1. DGuertin

DGuertin New Member

Just started out of the blue about a year ago, but I've been on the hunt for bar ware... I prefer to find them in pairs, and grab them whenever I can. I can't be the only one that appreciates all the different forms of glassware, can I?

Best,

Darryl

2. skeezerpleezer

skeezerpleezer Super Moderator

I probably have/had a couple hundred but have been giving a lot away as extras. I really only use stemmed ones any more. If I get some time I will get a picture of some of my favorites.

3. Beersponge

Beersponge Cheesehead Extrordinaire

I have way more than I need. Same here with only using stemmed glasses. Once in a while I'll bust out an English pint. Haven't used a shaker pint at the house in a couple of years, now. I go to alot of beer fests/tastings so I have alot of those types of glasses and have them all out in a bookcase.

4. skeezerpleezer

I sometimes use a Sam Adams glass (like tonight) when not at home, or the best available option. Probably need to start storing some stems at all my friends houses.

5. namyarb3

namyarb3 Drunken GarbageMan

I've got a set of cheap tulip glasses at my sister-in-laws just in case. But... she keeps them in the freezer because who doesn't want a frosty glass for their beer? Better than nothing, and god bless her for trying!

6. namyarb3

namyarb3 Drunken GarbageMan

I usually drink from a Tulip glass. Teku seems to be all the rage right now. Any benefit besides looking like a Boss drinking from them?

7. skeezerpleezer

They break easier. I have 5 or 6 but never really use them due to that. Same with my Cantillon glasses.

8. mccarthy1950

mccarthy1950 New Member

I collect pints from breweries/brew pubs I visit or beers that I get to try. Still looking for some that I need.

9. I have a few but not so much an "active collector" as just picking up gifts and the like over the years. It's good to have a few kicking around for when you have guests over.

10. hippieman556

hippieman556 New Member

i just started to be on the hunt for bar ware too

11. InfernoOrangeSS

InfernoOrangeSS Veritas Aequitas

I recently started acquiring some glassware, myself. I am very modest in what I have, and generally just collect Samuel Adams glasses. I have their ultimate beer glass, my wife gave me a set of four as a gift as she knows I love SA seasonal beers. Since then, I've bought a set of four of each of their seasonal glasses, (Summer Ale, Octoberfest, Winter Lager, Cold Snap). I'm always on the look out for SA things to put in my sports room.

:cool:

12. Pasta_Fazool

Pasta_Fazool Premium Member

Just got a Treehouse glass the other day. I have a handful of them, but after a certain point, I feel they're kind of superfluous. I've picked up a few on my own, but most are the occasional travels or were extras in trades (many from here).

Maybe as I look to expanding, I'll start picking up more, but it seems like I often drink from "house" glasses and not the good ones. (Well, it did used to be that way. I have been using them lately, if for no other reason than justifying their purchases. lol)

13. BoozeFan

BoozeFan New Member

Here is most of my glass/stein collection. I always look for steins and glasses when I am out and about. Most of mine are from Germany where my dad started this collection when he and my mother were stationed in Frankfurt in the 70's.

Attached Files: